ABC Home Visiting
In-Home Parent Coaching
ABC (Attachment Behavioral Catch-Up) Home Visiting is an evidence-based parenting intervention for caregivers of infants and toddlers ages 6 – 24 months who have experienced trauma or adversity.
This in-home program helps caregivers learn to successfully parent through daily challenges by:
- Strengthening the parent-child relationship.
- Teaching the child to communicate better and regulate his or her behaviors and emotions.
- Helping caregivers recognize the child’s unique signs of distress and how to respond.
Studies of children and caregivers who have participated in ABC show that:
- Children are more likely to be securely attached to their caregiver.
- Children develop better impulse control.
- Children are less likely to show anger during a challenging task.
- Children have more advanced receptive language abilities.
- Parents respond to their young children with more sensitivity.